Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blogging Tips: Are you a "noreply" blogger?



Do you feel like no one ever replies to your comments/questions?

You do not receive any emails from your blogger friends, do you?

Do you always have to go back to the same blog posts to check if others have responded to you?



If you answer to the above questions is YES, you might be a "noreply" blogger. And you might want to fix that.







What is "noreply"?

  • Being a noreply blogger means that when you comment on other blogs, the blog owners cannot see your e-mail address; therefore, they cannot reply to you via e-mail.
  • When you comment, you may have used either your blogger profile or google+ to comment, but when the blog owners or others click on your profile, they will not be able to find an e-mail address even if they want to contact you.
  • This makes it less encouraging for others to get a hold of you, thus, you may miss out on some great opportunities.
  • Take a look at  the picture below.
This is an email notification I received when I got a comment on my blog.


  • Notice the Red circled part, that should have been the email address of the person who commented, but she is a "noreply" blogger, so I cannot directly email to her.
  • The underlined, blacked out part where the Blue arrow is pointing is the link to her profile on Google+, but no email address can be found there.


How do I fix it?

Not to worry, you can fix that easily, just follow the steps below and in no time, you might start receiving emails from your blogger friends!


For those with a Blogger Profile:
  1. On your Blogger Dashboard, Click on your Icon at the upper right hand corner
  2. Click "Blogger Profile"
  3. Click the orange "Edit Profile" button on the upper right hand corner
  4. Check the "Show my email address" box (see photo below)
  5. Click the orange "Save Profile" button at the bottom.  You are Done!







For those already converted to Google+:


1.  Go to your Blogger Dashboard.  Click the "gear" button at the upper right hand corner
2.  Click "Revert to Blogger Profile".  Reverting is only temporary, you can switch back after you are done.




3.  Click "Switch to a limited Blogger profile" 


4.  Click "Continue to Blogger"


5.  After that, you will be brought back to your Blogger Dashboard.
6.  On your Blogger Dashboard, Click on your Icon at the upper right hand corner
7.  Click "Blogger Profile"
8.  Click the orange "Edit Profile" button on the upper right hand corner
9.  Check the "Show my email address" box 



10.Click the orange "Save Profile" button at the bottom.  You are Done!



I hope you have found this useful, please do share it with anyone who can benefit from this post. 






4 comments :

  1. Thanks for this tutorial Mandy.

    I didn't even realize that people emailed comments back to you. I just reply to the comment, and then it's automatically emailed. That's not the case for everyone?

    I am wondering if I should be emailing people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, it remembers me something LOL
    MammaNene

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - this is the first post I have seen that shows how to check this if you are already set-up with Google+. I think I may have finally fixed the issue! Rhondda @Oombawka Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great information! I also host a weekly food, craft and tips etc... link party on Tuesday called The Gathering Spot and would love it if you'd share something. Thanks for joining us at the Let's Get Social Sunday link party. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives