Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Very Cute Handbag {for my mom}

For mother's day, I have made a few things for my amazing mom.  Since we are more than 8000 miles apart, I wanted her to have something I create for her to show off to her friends lol

So I made a cute handbag that is very light weight and with lots of pockets for her stuff.



all the fabrics cut out for the handbag


embroidered this for the front pocket



sewing front card pocket to handbag front



back pocket


inside of the bag, big pocket is for mom's big wallet, smaller is for her phone, the smaller pocket was also embroidered 


front of the bag is sewn into two big pockets. 


sewing boxed corners


sewing zipper


recessed zipper done


added a button on one of the front pockets


after adding the handles....
bag done



5 comments :

  1. Hi Mandy! What a GREAT bag! Did you make up the pattern or use a published one. I love the details... hope mommie noticed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri, i made it up. i was gonna follow a pattern, but my mom kept wanting this and that on the bag, so i just winged it! LOL Thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mommy did notice, she was sooo proud. she said her friends all loved it and requested one for themselves lol and the best part is that it is very very very light, perfect for a mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful bag!!! I bet your Mom loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! she did except she didnt like the handles coz she cant put it on her shoulder! so i actually took the handles out and added straps when she came to visit me last year.

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives